Here we will post some ideas to get the creative juices flowing. Sometimes when you get stuck a cue can help you by sparking some ideas that take you in a new direction. Here are a few to get you started:
1. Think of the very worst day of your life. What happened that made it the worst day? What was the weather like, who was with you, what was going through your mind that day?
2. If you could have any career in the world, what career would it be. What about the career would you like most, what would be the bad parts of the job (be honest, every career has its downside). Who would you want to work with? What would the average day look like? What would your boss be like? Who would you be your competition? What would you do to be the best in your field?
3. If someone hired you to write a book of instructions for future life on Earth that would be taught to every child on the planet, what would you include? Make up a story to go with each piece of advice you give to explain why such advice is necessary, like the tortoise and the hare story and how slow and steady wins the race sort of thing.
4. What would life be like if some evil genius set off EMP devices all over the world and knocked out every electronic device on the planet? What would happen? How would the world react? How would that effect a main character living in a large city versus how it would effect someone living in a rural area.
5. Your plane crashes in the middle of a tropical rainforest, no where near civilization. You are the only survivor. What would you do? How would you survive? What would you see in the middle of nowhere? What problems might you face?
If anyone else has some ideas for writing cues please feel free to post them! If you have a story you'd like to post based on one of these cues please post them! Happy posting!