Editing

thewritingpiazza
Site Admin

Editing

Postby thewritingpiazza » Sat Dec 27, 2014 2:23 pm

I see most of our members are completely happy, well adjusted writers (snort, choke, uncontrollable laughter) sorry, I couldn't say that with a straight face. I know there are things that erk you so don't be shy! Get them off your chest. One thing that erks me is editing. After the countless hours of work you put into your book, then you have to go back and edit that mess. I don't know about you but when I finished I thought it was a masterpiece... then I went back to edit and was like "what is this crap?!" That's why I love the club a friend of mine started on Instagram called the Deluded Monocle Club. (Check it out, it's got its own hashtag #thedeludedmonocleclub). It's great to know you aren't alone. Even the best authors go through those phases of thinking their work is garbage. So if you get to that point, know you are not alone and that your work is probably better than you think. Just keep plugging away at it, maybe get some fresh eyes on it for a better perspective. If that fails then jump on here and vent about it. You'll feel better. I know I do! :D
Be sure to sign up to follow my blog!
https://www.thewritingpiazza.com/blog/

Return to “The Frustration Forum”