Venting

thewritingpiazza
Site Admin

Venting

Postby thewritingpiazza » Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:17 pm

Of course we all love writing, it is a labor of love. However, there are many times where it is also extremely frustrating! I know there are many times where we get stuck or we feel like we won't ever get the piece we're working on right. There are times where I find myself panicking and thinking everything I've written is garbage and I know I'm not the only one! Here is a place for you to vent those frustrations, reach out when you get stuck, or just come to find out that you're not alone. This is also a time for those of us who are in our happy place to come and encourage your fellow writers that it gets better, that the sun will come up tomorrow, that your writing isn't crap. So let's come together to share in our woes and triumphs! You never know when you're worst day writing will suddenly turn around and hopefully we can help!
Be sure to sign up to follow my blog!
https://www.thewritingpiazza.com/blog/

Writing_Is_Life

Re: Venting

Postby Writing_Is_Life » Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:39 pm

I am so glad I'm not alone. There are so many ideas I gave up on because I felt like my writing was horrible. The frustration of it makes me want to pull my hair out and scream. I can never stick with one idea without second guessing it and convincing myself it's terrible.

thewritingpiazza
Site Admin

Re: Venting

Postby thewritingpiazza » Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:08 pm

Every author has felt that way at some point, well any author that cares about writing something good at least lol. That's usually the point I share what I've done with someone supportive but honest. Someone who won't tell you its crap but will tell you if something isnt working. That's a good way to get a little boost of encouragement but also it let's you know if you're onthe right track. Don't give it to someone who is brutally honest, you save them for after the second to last round of edits. ;-)
Be sure to sign up to follow my blog!
https://www.thewritingpiazza.com/blog/

Return to “The Frustration Forum”